Be a volunteer and help us give Lymm "a shot in the arm".
You and a friend or partner will receive event wristbands FREE if just one of you signs up as a volunteer. We need a team of 100+ to ensure the event runs smoothly from end to end.
We also always welcome participation by groups/local causes looking to raise funds by participating as volunteers. In 2019 for example we were able to donate £1,600 to Scout and ATC groups who supported us on the day.
If you potentially have a group please email us in the first instance.
We need ...
* Gate Marshalls taking entrance money and card payment and issuing wristbands
* Parking Stewards
* Field Team for setting up/taking down / placing arrivals
* Village Centre Marshalling / Meet and Greet
* Covid Safety Management
We value your support. If you will give us at least three hours some time between 7am and 7pm (or even on Saturday) as a volunteer look how we will thank you: .............
* We will give you a wristband entry for the whole day plus FREE entry for your guest.
* We hope to be able to hold a canalside after-party in July when you can share your stories and meet some of the other amazing people who made an extraordinary day happen. Music, food and drink provided ... plus a picture show of the event.
We will keep you busy and we will also need you to attend a one hour briefing before the event.
We need a minimum commitment of 3 hours on the day but all our volunteers tell us how much they enjoy it and many just want to hang on and do more !
"It's a great way to have a day out at a very low cost while helping our community"
CLICK on the poster to download a copy for your club, pub or place of work.
Transport Day is an independent volunteer run group. It aims to raise the profile of Lymm by bringing in visitors from far and wide which in turn contributes to the overall prosperity of the village. It also provides the opportunity for a wide range of local causes and charities to raise money on the day. This year the event itself is supporting Lymm Heritage Centre and other local causes.
Oh Yes and it's a great day out !!
We won't share your information with any other organisation . Telephone contact 01925-754080